The United States announced USD 150 million (over Rs 1,100 crore) on Thursday to invest in training for middle-to-high-skilled H-1B occupations in key sectors in the American economy.
Prominent among these sectors are information technology, cyber security, advanced manufacturing, transportation, wherein the H-1B One Workforce grant programme would be used to upskill the present workforce and train a new generation of workers to grow the future workforce, the Department of Labor said.
The coronavirus pandemic has not only caused disruptions in the labour market, but also forced many education and training providers and employers to rethink how to deliver training, the department said in a statement.
In this grant programme, the department's Employment and Training Administration has set out to streamline funding and resources to encourage a more integrated workforce system that will push the applicants to provide an innovative mix of training strategies, leveraging innovative modes of training delivery, including online, distance and other technology-enabled learning.
Through local public-private partnerships, the grantees will deploy training to provide individuals in their communities with skills necessary to advance career pathways to employment in middle-to-high-skilled H-1B occupations within key industry sectors.
The training models will include a broad range of classroom and on-the-job training, customised training, incumbent worker training, registered apprenticeship programmes and industry-recognised apprenticeship programmes.
"The US Department of Labor is challenging communities to think as ''One Workforce''," Assistant Secretary for Employment and Training John Pallasch said.
"In the current job environment, it is critical that local organisations work as one, instead of independent parts of a process. Our goal is to create seamless community partnerships to build career pathways for local jobseekers to enter middle-to-high-skilled occupations in the cyber security, advanced manufacturing and transportation sectors," he said.
Public-private partnerships will leverage resources across federal, state and local funding streams as well as from the private sector to support training, employment services and supportive services to maximise access to employment opportunities, the official statement said.
These partnerships will work toward a coordinated approach to preparing a skilled workforce within an economic region. All applicants must demonstrate that they are leveraging at least 25 per cent of the grant funds requested, it added.
- زمانی که تکنولوژی اجرائی نظر می رسد قبل از کنگره آنها را به زیرچشمی نگاه کردن در چگونه آنها مبارزه تنظیم کننده که می توانید آنها را
- در Ladakh ردیف, هند, چین, توافق برای رسیدگی به "تفاوت" را از طریق مذاکرات
- "بیشتر حقوقی موضوع نیاز به حل و فصل": انگلستان در Vijay Mallya استرداد
- مورد عجیب "Anamika Shukla" ذکر شده به عنوان معلم در 9 تا مدارس
- یکی توالت, وظیفه همه, برای اولین بار صاحب خانه باید بدانید در مورد
- ویدئویی که گوزن ها را از ویترین مغازه نشان می دهد
- "قوم فاقد مغز نمی تواند مطابقت Bengalis می گوید:" تریپورا وزیر
- 65 مورد علاقه ما کارخانه نمایش ایده ها از همه زمان
- سازمان دیده بان جروم پاول استیون Mnuchin شهادت قبل از خانه کمیته مالی در همه گیر پاسخ
- Sachin خلبان در تماس با Gandhis صحبت کردن به BJP: کنگره منابع